Wednesday, August 26, 2020

Chpter 43

 Colleen got ready for bed, Jon had already dried off and headed to the bedroom.  There wouldn't be a naked night for her for seven or more days.  Her Gyno explained it to her, when she had her surgery, losing an ovary her periods would be different.  That’s why she had to stay on birth control pills, she could still get pregnant.  He had suggested the harvest of her eggs, just in case the cancer came back in her remaining ovary. Colleen guesses it was time to tell Jon about her secret.

 

As she came into the bedroom Jon had already moved the pillows to the middle of the bed.

 

“I thought we could cuddle,” Jon said as he put his glasses back on the nightstand.

 

Taking off her robe, Colleen climbed into bed in boxers and tee shirt.  Sliding to the middle she put her head on Jon’s shoulder.

 

“I need to tell you something,” Colleen said softly, as Jon pulled her close.

 

“Okay,” Jon kissed the top of her head.  He had a feeling that she was going to tell him about her surgery.

 

“I had cancer, ovarian cancer at nineteen,” Colleen’s voice shook a little.  “I had to have an ovary removed, the Doctor said I should have no problems getting pregnant, but I’m still on birth control pills,” Colleen told him.

 

“I know,” Jon said hopping it made it easier on her.

 

“You do,” Colleen asked? Then she remembered his sister-in-law’s where there when her mom started on her Grandmother hype at Thanksgiving.  “Then you know, about the egg harvest in case it comes back?”

 

“Yeah, and I googled about it,” Jon told her as he gave her a hug.

 

“I was worried if it would make a difference to you,” Colleen sat up and looked down into Jon’s eyes.  “When I told my boyfriend at the time, he said he’d be there for me, and one month after the surgery he dropped me.”

 

“He was a dickhead, Coll.  I love you, babe, this doesn’t change anything,” Jon sat up with her, leaning back on her headboard and pulled her into the circle of his arms, kissing her deeply.

 

He said he loved her, her eyes filled with happy tears.

 

“I love you too, Jonny,” she told him as they broke the kiss.

 

Jon reached up and wiped a tear that had escaped and rolled down her cheeks.   As they scooted back down in the bed, Jon pulled her back close to his side.  Tucking his chin he pulled the neck of her tee-shirt aside and licked and kissed her collarbone then Sucked on it.  Smiling he winked at her.

 

“Now we’re both marked, you’re mine,” Jon kissed her lips softly.

 

“I marked you first, that means you’re mine too,” She smiled too.

 

<@>

 

Jon walked Colleen and the boys down to go to school.  Instead of her bug waiting at the curb, a sleek black town car waited. The Driver held the door for them.

 

“Good Morning Miss O’Sullivan, ready for another school day,” the driver asked?  “Morning Boys.”

 

Colleen looked at Jon.  “What’s all this?”

 

“Remember I told you I was getting you a driver, this is Wilson, your drive,” Jon reminded her.

 

“I remember now,” Colleen sighed.  “Come on guys.”

 

“A real car,” Jake laughed.

 

“No clown car,” Romeo gasped.

 

“You could take the big orange limo known as a school bus,” Colleen laughed teasing them back. Colleen gave Jon a kiss and climbed in the town car.

 

Jon waved them off and moved down to his SUV parked a few slots down from the town car.  Heading toward the Jersey house he called Steph, “Hey baby girl, I’ll be there as soon as I make it to the Garden State.”

 

“I’m waiting on the Path,” Stephanie told him.

 

“You bring the rings,” he asked her?

 

“Yep, I also have some necklaces,” She told her dad.

 

‘On hell, let’s get all the dirty laundry out in one day,’ Jon thought.

 

“Okay baby girl, see you soon,” Jon rang off with Stephanie.

 

He put his phone back in his jacket pocket, it rang again.  It was Matt this time.

 

“What’s up little Bro,” Jon said. He really needs to set up the Bluetooth.

 

“Tony and I are waiting on you,” Matt told him.


‘Good Tone could get the Bluetooth loaded.’ Jon thought as he looked at the exit nine coming up.  “I’m about five minutes out, I need to get Steph at the Redbank station,” He told his brother.

 

He pulled up to the station and saw Steph waiting, she hopped into the front seat and headed past the JBJ Soul Kitchen and after a few turns, he was going over the bridge to Navesink River Road.  He used the gate opener to pull in, his brothers were waiting in the parking pad by the front door.

 

Putting the car in park, he looked over at Steph, “tell Tone to come here,” Jon told her.

 

Steph got out and told her Uncle Tone what her dad said. 

 

Tony came over to the SUV and opened the door, “yeah Jonny?”

 

“Get in, I need you to load my Bluetooth to this car, I’m gonna be driving this for a few more days,” Jon asked Tony.

 

“I thought Matty had you all trained for this shit?  You’re lucky I was in town,” Tony ribbed his older brother.

 

“Just a make it fucking easy,” Jon punched Tony in the shoulder.

 

It took Tony seconds to load Jon’s phone to the Bluetooth to his car.

 

 

They joined Stephanie and Matt in the kitchen, the only person missing was the contractor, who called and told Jon he was just turning onto Navesink River Road.

 

“Steph go wait to let the contractor,” Jon asked her.


“Dad we’re all family here, sheesh we aren’t your crew to boss around,” Stephanie reamed her dad’s ass out.  The boys would’ve let it go, but she was his baby girl, the number one child and now the only female in the family.  It was her job to take him down a peg or two, till Colleen took over the job for her.

 

Tony sat on the chair at the bar.  “So you’re really doing this? Have you told mom, you’re moving back to Jersey with Colleen?” Tony asked him.

 

“Not unless her dad tells our dad about it.  They’re still in Florida for the next four months,” Jon told his brothers.

 

“So they’re there for Christmas then?  Your travel agent called me and wanted to know, is it we’re still on for St Barts for Christmas?  They wanted to let the service about the yacht you used last year. Did you still want to use them?  I told them I would get back to them,” Matt told him.

 

“I need to talk to Colleen, she might want to go to the Hamptons with her parents,” Jon said wondering if she would be into a hot Caribbean Christmas. “I’ll bring it up tonight.”

 

Stephanie brought the contractor in and he, Jon, and his brothers headed upstairs.

 


2 comments:

  1. Can't wait for Jon to tell Stephanie the stories behind the jewelry.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Loved the “brothers moment”! I can so see both Matt and Tony making fun of their big bro being electronically challenged.

    ReplyDelete