Saturday, October 17, 2020

Chapter 51

 

Jon took a deep breath and answered his cell.

 

“Hi Mom,” was all he got out of his mouth before his mom started to ream him a new one.

 

“Jon Francis what are you thinking? Did you and that woman run off to Vegas?  Did you not learn your lesson with Dorothea?  Once again my cell phone has been ringing off the hook,” Carol Bongiovi was not happy, at all.

 

Jon took that breath to jump in.

 

“Mom we aren’t married, yet,” He got out those five little words, then his mother shut him down.

 

“What do you mean yet?”  Carol about screamed the word is Jon ear.

 

“Well, I haven’t asked yet,” Jon told his mother.   He could hear his dad yelling at his mother to give him the phone.  They argued till dad came on the phone.

 

“Jonny, just keep Cullen’s daughter safe and be happy,” John Senior told his son. His dad always had his back, when his mom went off the deep end, trying to run his life. He loved his mom, but she had to cut the strings, and like Pinocchio, and let him be a real boy.  He was over fifty-five, not some kid going out in the world for the first time. He thought by taking the fan club away from her, she would get the idea.  But no, it would take threats and putting his foot down.  Looked like a quick trip to Miami was necessary.

 

“I am dad,” Jon took Colleen’s hand and brought it to his lips and kissed her knuckle.

 

His dad ended his call, Jon looked over at Colleen.

 

“Well we made TMZ,” Jon told her. “I bet every media outlet all over the internet.”

 

Colleen cuddled in his arms, “Is this going to be another Jon Bon Jovi is dead deal?”

 

“Naugh, but I know the next calls will be my manager, the record company, and my band manager.  But, they’ll wait till tomorrow to call.  More Paparazzi will be around, at least they don’t know your name,” Jon rubbed her back as he talked.

 

“Unless someone sells the information to the rag mags,” Colleen said as she let her fingers walk up and down his chest.  “Like someone at Poly, either a single mom parent or one of the teaching staff.”

 

Jon thought about what she said, knowing how vindictive the dean of students was with Colleen being kept at Poly, he might sell it, to get back at us.

 

“You think, well I better call my lawyer to do some digging,” Jon told her, then he had a dick killing thought.  “I think we need to move into the Inn till all this blows over.”

 

“Why?  You thought of someone didn’t you,” Colleen asked?

 

“The thugs are wearing ankle monitors, right?  Yeah I think we need to move into the Shoe Inn, till the court hearing, just to be safe,” Jon told her.

 

Colleen sat up and gasped.

 

“If they can get my information online, they can get to mom and dad,” Colleen gasped and looked down at Jon.  “Jamie and his family too.

 

Jon rolled over to the edge of the bed and grabbed his cell off the nightstand and called Max.

 

“Hey, Max, sorry to wake you up but this can’t wait.” Jon got up and started to pace.

 

“I was going to call you tomorrow, you want the standard prenup?” Max asked as he sat up and pulled out a pen and notepad from his bedside table.

 

“I’ll tell you after Wednesday, but I take it you saw or heard the TMZ, we have a major problem.” Jon looked over at Colleen.

 

“The trial, the thugs being on parole?  It just hit me.” Max sat up straighter. “But you have Albert, he’s ex CIA.”

 

“Colleen’s family, they’ll need some protection,” Jon told him.  “The bar, the houses and maybe check out the security at the bar and the two houses.”

 

“I can put two working in the bar and some cars around the houses.” Max double-underlined security.

 

“I’m going to fly out tomorrow to the Hamptons,” Jon told him, killing two birds with one stone.

 

“What time, I’ll clear my calendar and meet you at the heliport.” Max would call his office and let them know he would be out of the office for the next four days or more for JBJ.

 

“Say Ten.  I’ll call them at six and get this ball rolling.” Jon told him. 

 

“See you at ten,” Max said and hung up.

 

Colleen had grabbed her phone and called Jamie at the bar.

 

“Hey, little sis, or should I say future Mrs. Bongiovi?  What’s up, beside you being firemaned by Jon?” Jamie laughed.

 

“Jon will be out there tomorrow with Max, you guys might be in danger, my attackers are on parole.” Colleen noticed Jon standing in front of her, she handed him the phone.

 

“Jam, I want to protect you guys, it just hit us that all this TMZ and media shit will bring those thugs to the Hamptons,” Jon told him.

 

“You’re going to be here Wednesday, you think this shit could start tomorrow,” Jamie asked him.  He looked at all the stragglers in the bar, no one new as of late. He was going to have to be more attentive now.  “Think mom and dad should go to Miami till this blows over?”

 

 

“Might be a good idea, we’ll talk about it with Max tomorrow,” Jon told him.  “Can you and your family move into my place I have state of the art security out there?”

 

“I will tomorrow,” Jamie told him. “Talk it over with Lissa.”

 

“Max will get extra security set up tomorrow, I can help you move out there when I get there.  Meet me at the bar at about eleven.”

 

“I’ll be there,” Jamie told him.

 

They ended the call and Jon handed Colleen back her phone.

 

“If anything happens to them,” she let that thought hang not wanting to thinks the consequence were.

 

Jon pulled her up and into his arms and rocked her as she broke a little. “I won’t let anything happen to them or you, I protect what is mine.”

 

They stood like that until the tears dried up and headed back to bed.

 

Before Colleen got into bed, she went to the bathroom and turned on the light and closed the door but for a crack.

 

Jon watched her, this was the same thing she did when she was here the first night. She had told him it made her feel safe.  At least it wasn’t shining in his eyes like the closet light.  Right before climbing in, she locked the bedroom door.  It was still hours before Jon heard her breathing even out and her ladylike snore could be heard, did he try to shut off his brain, six in the morning came early.

1 comment:

  1. Oh NO! If any of those thugs lay a finger on Colleen or her family, Jon will raise an army! I wonder if Matt still has a concealed carry permit...

    ReplyDelete