Friday, November 6, 2020

chapter 54

Saturday was girl’s day and sleepover night.  Jon was meeting with Matt and Tony on the new installment of the security system that they could control with Alexa and their cellphones.

 

The girls built a snowman and challenged the men to make a better one, so they made a snowwoman.  The whole thing caught on Tony’s camera since they built them between the house and the river out of sight of the paps outside the gates.

 

Later that night Colleen came out of the kitchen with two big bowls of popcorn while Stephanie and Nina brought a tub of sodas and Desi brought out a couple of bottles of wine.  

 

“Tony linked the laptop to the big screen TV today so we can get on Pinterest to look at beds and bedrooms,” Nina told the girls.

 

“It’s strange picking out a bed for Jonny,” Desi said as she plopped down on the sofa. “Please tell me you’re going to redo in here.”

 

“That’s up to the kids, I don’t want to take over everything that this house was to them,” Colleen said as she sat with Stephanie on one of the sofas. “This was their house with their mom.”

 

Colleen looked over at Stephanie wondering how she and the boys felt about this room.  It was in such heavy furniture and drapes, just like the master bedroom.

 

“What do you think Steph, would you make changes down here?” Desi asked.

 

“Well, to tell you the truth, as much as I loved my mom, she and I didn’t have the same taste in decorating,” Stephanie told them. “I’m not so into French Revival.”

 

“So you wouldn’t be so upset if we may be painted the wall a softer color and lose the heavy drapes?” Colleen asked.

 

“Well, I wouldn’t mind, I think the Nutt crew wouldn’t notice at all.” Stephanie laughed.

 

“I love that Steph,” Desi and Nina laughed.  “Nutt crew.”

 

“Jonny, Matty, and Tone are our Nutt Crew,” Nina laughed.

 

All four ladies were laughing their asses off when said Nutt Crew walked in along with Greg.

 

“You forgot to lock the door babe,” Jon said as he grabbed a hand full of popcorn.

 

“Yeah, anyone could walk in on you,” Tony said as he grabbed to cans of soda from the tub and tossed one to Matt.

 

“What about this being girls night do you four not understand?” Colleen swatted Jon on his ass.

 

Greg came into the room with a glass of water and sat beside Stephanie.

 

“Is he a new member of the uh, you know what crew?” Desi whispered to Colleen.

 

“Yes,” Colleen answered.

 

“No,” said Jon a few beats after Colleen’s affirmative answer.

 

Colleen rolled her eyes as Jon started to sit between Stephanie and Greg, but she pulled him down on the arm of the sofa by his belt loop.

 

Desi and Nina laughed and clapped on Colleen taking Jon to task about sitting between the two love birds.

 

“How far are you four in on finding a bedroom suite?” Greg asked as he laced his fingers with Stephanie.

 

“We were doing that now, till you four walked in,” Colleen said as she brought the screen up and her Pinterest account took over the screen.

 

“I saw these the other day, I was looking at a four-poster, but with a California King, I couldn’t find one that didn’t look like it sagged in the middle,” Colleen used her wireless mouse on the pad on her knee.

 

Jon pulled her up and sat down pulling her on his lap.  “I’m not a four-poster kinda guy,” Jon said as she moved to several bedroom setting she had picked.  “That one’s nice.” When she clicked on one that looked like old doors as a headboard.  The room had records on the walls as decoration. “But no records.”

 

Colleen had liked the walls and accessories in the picture but not the headboard. 

 

“Too girly Jonny, maybe for Steph or Alley,” Tony said adding his two cents in.

 

“I agree with Tony, too girly,” Matt said. He made a note to show his two this for their rooms.

 

Jon caught Stephanie and Greg out of the corner of his eye cuddled together and he took a deep breath.

 

Colleen gave his chest a pat and pulled up the bedroom set she had loved, it was a metal frame in black, with a white comforter with multi-color pillows.

 

“I love this one, just think it fits our style,” Colleen said drawing Jon back to the screen.

 

“Oh, I love it too,” Nina said as she patted Tony on his leg and pointed at the screen because he too was watching Jonny watching Greg.

 

Desi agreed and pinched Matt on the side because he was about to get up and go all big bad uncle on Greg.

 

Greg finally saw what was going on and stood up.

 

“Hey guys, I’m a dad too remember. Stephanie told me to treat her with respect or she’d kick my ass.  I took her at her word because her mom taught her how to kick a guy’s ass.” Greg held his hands out to ward off the three papa bears staring him down.

 

“Hey guys, I’m not a little girl anymore, I can take care of myself now,” Stephanie told her dad and uncles.  Now let’s get back to looking for my dad and Camo a bed so we can finish their bedroom.”

 

“Camo?” Matt, Tony, and Jon asked.

 

“Well, I won’t call her by her first name and Miss O’ makes me feel like I’m her student, so C.A.M.O, Colleen Ann Marie O’Sullivan,” Stephanie told them.

 

“Camo, I like it,” Desi said.

 

“Me too,” Nina said.

 

“I do too,” Colleen said with a laugh.  “I agree with Steph, and I think the black one is perfect.”

 

The brothers went back to sitting with their women.

 

“I can tie you to the bed with that frame, that’s why I love it so much,” Colleen whispered in Jon’s ear as he sat back down and pulled her on his lap.

 

Jon got a shit ass huge smile on his face, not knowing that Colleen had told Desi and Nina on the phone about the bed and asked them if they thought Jon would like it, and the plans she had for him on it.  Of course, they told their husbands and reminded them not to tell Jon, before Colleen could. And to remember what happened at Thanksgiving.

 

“The black one it is, but not the one hundred pillows on it,” Jon said as he looked back at the bed on the screen. Thinking what’s good for the goose what great idea for the gander.

 

“Maybe just twelve,” Colleen said.

 

“I’ll meet you in the middle with six,” Jon said.

 

“Six it is,” Colleen agreed.  “I asked Greg to sand and paint the nightstands we had now, in flat white chalk paint, since we didn’t see any we liked in that store last week.”

 

“Now that the bedroom is set,” Stephanie patted Greg on the thigh. “Let’s talk about this room, Maybe a light gray with dark gray trim, like the house in the Hamptons.”

 

Jon, Matt, and Tony all groaned. Greg got up and joined them. 

 

“I hear wine and pool calling our names.” Jon laughed.

 

“Oh yeah, and the Red paint in the kitchen to replace that Gray Poupon yellow.” Desi laughed as the four men headed to the front door. Desi followed them and locked the door behind them

1 comment: